Friday, October 23, 2009

A normal person would have given up by now

Third time was not a charm. The eggs should have hatched on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went without even a peep. Thursday, too. I'm pretty sure this is the point at which a normal person would give up. I, of course, have already ordered my next set of eggs--from yet another source. Never say die, that's me.

My next dilemma? The unhatched eggs. I've been quite blase about my "crack" parties with our duds, but some of these eggs were moving a week ago today. They should have something inside that fairly resembles a bird and I'm just a little tiny bit freaked out.

Here's the thing, though . . . I want to succeed. And as Einstein once said, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I need to learn from this failed hatch so I need to figure out what went wrong. That means opening those eggs. And dealing with whatever disgusting baby chicken zombie is in there waiting for me.

Seriously, though, I expect my problem may have been excessive humidity. I was so worried they would dry out that I may have drowned the little guys in their shells. :-( Opening them up to confirm that is going to not be fun. I will, however, take pictures to share my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment