Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Round Two, Adieu.

It's official. I candled the Round Two eggs again last night and saw nothing so this morning I took them outside and did our now-traditional cracking of the bad eggs. Same broken yolks but at least this time they had the decency to stink a little.

bad eggs

Around noon we received our new clutch of victims--um, I mean, eggs. These are regular size birds as opposed to the bantams we've been working with in our first two attempts. The eggs are also a little more green than blue. Here's a comparison shot between the second round eggs (pre-crack party) and one of the new set:

new eggs

Also, word of my egg-hatching ineptitude seems to have spread throughout the poultry community. Our new egg connection has sent us 14 of these big boys (or girls, hopefully). I've used this as an excuse to buy a larger incubator. More pictures to follow. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment