Friday, October 9, 2009

OMG, I suck!

There were five eggs that definitely had signs of life a week ago. Two of those eggs now definitely have "blood rings" which means that they've died. Out of the other 12 eggs, there were none that showed signs of movement--which is what I was really looking for tonight. I opened the incubator with my video camera already turned on and ready to capture (for you) the magic of a moving chick. And I got nothing. Some of these eggs are very dense and hard to see through, but still.

Now I know that I've said it's okay for things to be hard, but this is ridiculous. I have two master's degrees. I skipped two grades in school. I'm not an idiot. Okay, I don't have a clue when it comes to judging traffic patterns in the DC metro area and I have a tendency to catch things on fire when I cook, but I'm not an idiot. I should be able to do this.

So today we're ten days in to our third hatch and I'm already faced with the possibility of total failure. If this one doesn't make it, will we try again? At this point, I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment