Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's alive! Again!

I've been very discouraged lately. Raising chickens isn't rocket science and the fact that I've had such a hard time at it has been really bugging me. Not only was my ineptitude embarrassing, it was also standing between me and healthy food. Today we're two thirds the way into our third egg experiment, Day 14. I candled this evening with very low expectations. At the first candling there were only five eggs that were definitely growing and two of those had died within days.

Today's update: There are four eggs that are definitely not growing or have died. There are two that are probably not growing. And there are two that are definitely alive!!! They moved!!! I'm really just inappropriately happy and excited. Oh my god, I need a life. :-)

1 comment: