Sunday, December 6, 2009

There's a chicken on my roof.

Even worse . . . there's a chicken on my neighbor's roof. I may have to disavow all knowledge. I certainly have no authority. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but somehow Amelia, Pat, and Bertha heard a rumor about my free-ranging plans and decided to take matters into their own hands a little sooner than I had intended. I came home to find they had--quite literally--flown the coop and were grazing in the yard. When I approached, Amelia took flight. And wow, can she fly. Over the fence, over the house, and now seems to have taken up permanent residence in the front yard. Or rather, my neighbor's front yard and the roof of her house . . .



Luckily she's taking it very well. The nieghbor, that is--although Amelia also seems quite happy with the status quo. :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment